Been a while since I've made a post, not really had an idea for the post for the week before Black and White were released, then since then I've been hooked on Black, not really playing anything else. Blame the lack of posts on my missus who was kind and generous to get me a DS and Black.
In the middle of planning a review of Black, but I wanted to use my blog to say my piece about the recent disaster in Japan, not that it means much to the people who have lost their loved ones, or are still unaware of their fate.
My thoughts go out to the victims of the disaster. The survivors, the dead and the unaccounted for. I can't possibly imagine what they are going through and while I have made inappropriate jokes concerning the events on various boards, My thoughts are with them, and I wish the survivors, the missing and the families affected by this tragedy all the luck and strength in the world.
I've seen several Facebook screeenshots of ignorant, hateful 'people' laughing about this, calling it 'karma for Pearl Harbour' or saying that Japan deserves it because of the effect their culture has had on the western world (animé fans, weeaboos etc) and this truly saddens me. Yeah, I mock a friend of mine for the fact she's obsessed with animé, but at the end of the day, each to their own, live and let live. Those facebook statuses though... That's pure hatred, ignorance and utterly inhuman. Japan has suffered a major blow, and now is the time to aid them, not as "Amurikkuh numah won" but as fellow human beings.
I'll be making what donation I can to the cause, I only wish I had the ability to do more.
My prayers go out to the victims and their families.
Dawnwind.
yea i've seen several pictures japan, it looks pretty bad i mean idk how i would deal with it all but it looked bad real bad should follow me as well i just blog about whatever by the way http://codbathalo.blogspot.com/
ReplyDelete