Yesterday I took a few games I don't play any more down to trade in, and picked up Raging Blast 2. I'd missed out on the first of the series - which introduced the "what if" forms of Super Saiyan 3 for both Broly and Vegeta so I leapt at the chance to grab this one.
Coming from the old PS2 Tenkaichi games, the new controls were vaguely familiar, but its taking time to get used to using the Right stick for the big attacks, and the new method of transforming, but that will come in time.
Graphics are much better than I'm used to in DBZ games, but that's mostly due to the fact the most recent game I played before RB2 was Tenkaichi 3 on the PS2. Even so, the game itself is pleasing to the eye.
The new Galaxy mode is good, as long as you don't expect it to follow the story of the animé, because it doesn't even attempt to, beyond the "boos" encounters for each character (Goku faces off against Scouter Vegeta, for example, while "Adolescent" Gohan faces off against Broly).
Battle Zone is an interesting game mode, from what I've experienced of it, there appear to be optional paths which lead to the same goal (the zone 'boss' - named the "Climax Battle" which makes the teenager in me giggle a little) each path giving different rewards.
I'm not sure if Burst Limit and Raging Blast had online play, but RB2 has, and I'm looking forward to getting online with other players once I've unlocked the various characters and items.
Speaking of items and characters, when I looked through the trophy list, I realised I had made a huge mistake in picking up Raging Blast 2. There's hundreds of different items, images, BGMs and more to collect. I love that kind of nonsense, I'm going to be playing for months trying to unlock everything.
Overall, after playing it for about a day, I'm having a lot of fun still, and would recommend at least renting this if you're a DB/Z/GT fan like myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment