Yeah, the teaser has been out for a while, but I only found it on PSN the other day and unlike any other FF announcement (except the SRPGs/spinoffs) I felt my heart sink. FFXIII is sat in my collection gathering dust - despite the fact I promised myself I would complete it - because compared to the other games in the series (except FFII) and other games out this generation, FFXIII basically sucks. The graphics and soundtrack awe fantastic - what else would you expect? - The story and characters have good and bad points, but the gameplay is just awful.
Square Enix are trying to cash in on the second worst - in my opinion - Final Fantasy in the main series, rather than one of the stronger games, as well as bringing out two other instalments in the FFXIII series. Now, they milked the most popular game in the series to death - I'm a firm believer that FFVII and Advent Children was enough for the FFVII compilation - and choosing to milk this one is just going to lead to another awful game.
The more Final Fantasy games they release, the worse the games get in terms of gameplay and enjoyment in my opinion. I can't help but think FFXIII-2 is going to be a truly terrible game.
Anyway, I'm going to head off to bed and try to sleep, got a mystery present coming tomorrow and I'm excited. I swear I feel like it's Christmas Eve
No comments:
Post a Comment