Wednesday, 23 February 2011

Trophies, Trophies everywhere!!!

Over the weekend, I managed to finish off my first Platinum Trophy - namely the one in inFamous - and felt a sense of achievement I haven't felt for some time. Within half hour I'd slid Demon's Souls into my PS3 and went on another trophy hunt, using a Blueblood sword build.

Now, the thing with trophies is that it gives an official rate of completion, even if the game itself doesn't in any submenu. When I first saw the Trophy message on a game I though "huh, fair enough." and carried on playing. After a while, I picked up inFamous, started playing and managed to finish it on Hard difficulty in a Good playthrough - for those of you who don't know, inFamous has a Karma system where you can choose to be a hero or villain, not that it changes the missions.

Once I'd unlocked three trophies in a row after finishing that playthrough, I checked my trophies, I'd managed to pick up about 50% or more. That's when I got hooked on trophies. Each one I collect is closer to the 100% completion I always look for, and yet never attain due to losing interest in a game.

As of today my highest ranked games are:

inFamous - 100%
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - 90% (Only multiplayer trophies are missing)
Assassin's Creed II - 88%
Demon's Souls - 41%

May not be much, but I spent a LOT of time on World of Warcraft, which I have completely lost interest in - I think I've logged on once in the past three weeks, I think it's time to uninstall - and really just playing my PS3. However that's recently changed and so I'm back on the Trophy hunt, and loving every single Trophy alert I hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment